Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Own Chateau...sort of! :)

My final prize arrived yesterday... all I can say is... Wow!

For OWOH, Morgane Antoine offered 2 people a custom ACEO-sized painting.

ACEO stands for 'Art Cards, Editions and Originals'. They're basically mini artworks that measure 2.5 x 3.5 inches.

I just happened to be one of the two people picked at random to receive one!!

Morgane asked me to pick whatever I wanted as the subject for my artwork. I looked at the gallery on her site - her work is amazing... horses, wildlife, fantasy pieces (unicorns, fairies, Pegasus), and landscapes are what she has in her gallery at the moment. 

When I saw her pieces entitled "Basilique Verte" and "De Vert et d'Eau" (both can be found in the 'Other' section of the gallery), I knew exactly what I wanted... a chateau on the water!!

Last Tuesday, Morgane emailed me, with a scan of the piece, and let me know it was on its way! The scan looked amazing - I couldn't wait for it to get here!!!

Well, it arrived... I can't believe how much detail is on such a small piece!!! It's stunning!!! I can't believe how gorgeous it is!!!

Without further ado...

Chenonceau

It depicts the Chateau de Chenonceau, which is located in the Loire Valley in France.

Isn't it cool?!?!? I never thought I would ever get my own custom artwork...but I was so lucky to be chosen!

Thank you Morgane for such a beautiful work of art! I will definitely be recommending you to my friends...and anybody who reads this blog!!! :)

For visitors to my blog, please go and visit Morgane's website! Lots of beautiful artworks to look at, as well as step-by-step progress on some of her artworks. Plus, you can commission your own custom painting!!

Until next time...
--Liv--

No comments:

Post a Comment